VÅR & SOMMER 2020
Μουσική που πριν λίγο ήταν θάλασσα.
Βράχος από άνεμο και γιορτή.
Ο χορός μιας ηλιακής γης.
Music that not long ago, it was a sea.
Boulder made of wind and feast.
The dance of a solar earth.
The IOANNA KOURBELA BASICS collection for the summer of 2020, draws inspiration from Greek art and tradition as well as from the Greek summer. More specifically, Cycladic art is this seasons’ main theme. Historically, this form of art displays the first samples of the relationship formed between man and art since the Cycladic figurines carved out of marble from Paros five thousand years ago, was the first attempt of depicting the natural human form. Distinctive elements and characteristics adapt and assimilate into new propositions retaining nevertheless their minimal and effortless character, upholding the mark of the collection.
- The color palette of the collection consists of shades inspired by the Greek seas and the warmth of the earth.
- Deep blue and turquoise, convey the color fluctuations of the sea and when combined with black and white, have a strong reference to the Cyclades.
- A red with warm orange tones combined with a clay brown, draws inspiration from the shades of the earth.
- The materials sustain the brands philosophy which with respect for hu- mans and the environment, supports Sustainable fashion and once again paves the way as a role model for Greek products.
- The fabrics made from attentively chosen materials, adapt elements from tradition while maintaining the brands preference of natural yarns. Cool and soft as well as heavier and raw materials, become the frame of this collection.
- Weavings with intricate stripped motifs, classic knitwear and unique embroidery with a common referential point on tradition affected by the Cycladic civilization, compose unique creations with bold folkloric elements and an ultra-chic and minimal attitude.
- One of the main protagonists of the collection is linen. Patterns inspired by the Cycladic architecture that provide freedom to the movement in volu- minous shapes, frame and flatter the figure, creating unique layering looks.
- The beloved denim gets processed and acquires a special finishing, durable with a raw look and details, balancing discreetly with the fluid and transparent fabrics of the collection.
- Cotton poplin is once a must have item of the collection with passe par tout pieces in classic and statement colors.
- Soft cotton “footer” like fabric in loose and deconstruct- ed shapes, covers the body gently while a selection of clothes bares a symbolic embroidery-trademark of this collection.
- Transparent and fluid tencel as well as cotton fabrics be- come the ideal choice for the midsummer and when selected in color blocking combos or layered, create a sensational look.
- As in previous seasons, we have the Zero Waste collection in limited quantities in new designs that awaken the memory and the senses following as always the need for maximum utilization of all resources.
- The accessories of the collection, complete ideally all look with classic and beloved bags, unique shoes and jewelry with a “fun” flair.